Brinjal Theeyal (Step By Step Photos)
Lakshmi Ram Nair
great side dish for rice
3 stars based on
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 medium slice
Calories per serving: 250 cal
Fat per serving: 12 g
Brinjal (cut length wise) : 2 big
Onion (cut length wise) : 1 big
Green chillies : 2 nos
Madras onion (small onion) : 5 nos
Jeerakam : ¼ tsp
Coriander powder : 1 ½
Chilly powder: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: a few
Coconut : 1 small
Salt : to taste
tamarind water : 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan .Fry madras onion, Jeerakam, Coriander powder, Chilly powder and grated coconut.
2. Grind it in mixer. Keep it aside
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry curry leaves and green chillies.
4. Add brinjal and onion into it. Add tamarind water also.
5. Add the grinded mixture to it. Mix well
6. Brijal Theeyal ready.