1) In a blender, add all the ingredients mentioned for Pani [except cumin powder]. Add some water and grind it to a fine paste.
2) Remove the chutney to a bowl. Add 2 cups of water. Add roasted cumin powder and mix well.
To make pooris:-
1) Mix maida and rava with salt water at a time. Knead well to form a stiff dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
2) Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into small circles [1 1/2’’].
3) Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry on a medium flame till they puff up and it turns golden colour each side.
4) Remove, drain on an absorbent paper and store in an airtight container for further use.
For the filling:-
1) Soak chana dal for 1 hour. Cook and mash well. Keep aside.
2) Chop the onion and coriander leaves.
1) Make a hole on a puri by tapping slowly on the crisp side.
2) Fill some mashed chana dal, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves along with green chutney and tamarind chutney.