Scientific Name :
Medicinal Value :
Medically, coriander leaves used as a carminative, refrigerant, diuretic and aphrodisiac. In household medicines, it is used against seasonal fever, stomach disorders and nausea.
Nutrient Value :
Is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
Culinery and Other Values :
Coriander leaves used for flavouring curries and soups. An important ingredient in manufacture of food flavourings, in bakery products, meat products etc. Coriander oil and oleoresins used in seasonings for sausages and meat products.
- English : Cilantro / Coriander Leaves
- Tamil : Kothamalli Ilai / Malli Ilai
- Malayalam : Kothamalli Ila / Malli Ila
- Telugu : Kothimeera / Kothamalli Kooraku
- Kannada : Kottambari Soppu
- Hindi : Hara Dhania Ke Patte / Dhania Patha
- Bengali : Dhonay Patha
- Gujarati : Kothmir / Dhana
- Konkani : Kottambari Pallo
- Marathi : Kothimbir
- Oriya : Dhania Patra
- Punjabi : Hara Dhania