“Pachakam” means cooking in kerala and Pachakam.Com welcomes you to the magnificent world of easy and healthy Indian cooking with a probe into the fascinating Indian cooking recipes. Cooking is not just about making food but is an art of presenting your culinary skills to those who love food with a different flavor and Indian cooking, by no means is an exception.
Pachadi - another variation
Published On: 19 Feb 2004
* chop tomatoes to small pieces and cook them in about 250ml of water and turmeric powder.
* grind coconut, mustard seeds, red chillies with 2 to 3 tblsp of yogurt and a little water, to a fine paste. make sure that the paste is not very watery.
* once the tomotoes are cooked, add the ground paste, remaining yogurt, salt to taste and the sugar. You may add some water to the mixture if the consistency is thick.
* when the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat.
* season with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
* serve with rice.
** you may use fresh cucumber instead of tomatoes. in that case do not cook cucumber in water and turmeric powder. make a fine paste of coconut, green chillies, mustard seeds - mix with yogurt - add the cucumber and salt. this tastes fantastic with hot puris. **
When the pachadi prepared and served by Meenakshi, my better half, my memory gone back in time when I was a young boy and a place named Vilayannur regards
The one with cucumber is good with biryani instead of raita.
Tomato peas kurma is truly an awesome recipe which suits for...
Aloo gobi curry is made as a dry curry as well as the vegeta...
Palak peas gravy is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Si...
Sundakka, bitter berry in english , is one of the tasty and...
Nizana Shammas is a hosewife who has lots of interest n cooking. She is an expert in providing various traditional recipes.
Renukadevi Kumanan is a well versed person in providing varities of South Indian recipes and also some modern recipes. She used to try varities of recipes from different cuisines.
Sign up to receive email updates for New Recipes/Special Announcements