coriander powder is an essential condiment in the Indian cuisine. Very few dishes can be made without the touch of coriander flavor.
SCIENTIFIC NAME :
MEDICINAL VALUE :
Medically, coriander seeds used as a carminative, refrigerant, diuretic and aphrodisiac. In household medicines, it is used against seasonal fever, stomach disorders and nausea.
NUTRIENT VALUE :
Iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zincand magnesium
CULINERY AND OTHER VALUES :
Coriander seeds used for flavouring curries and soups. An important ingredient in manufacture of food flavourings, in bakery products, meat products etc. Coriander oil and oleoresins used in seasonings for sausages and meat products.
- English : Coriander Powder
- Tamil : Mallipodi
- Malayalam : Mallipodi
- Telugu : Dhaniyalu
- Kannada : Kottambari Beeja / Haveeja
- Hindi : Dhania / Dhana
- Bengali : Dhonay / Dhaniya
- Gujarati : Dhana / Dhaniya / Kothmiri / Libdhaba
- Konkani : Kottambari / Konpir
- Marathi : Dhane / Kothimir
- Oriya : Dhaniya
- Punjabi : Dhaniya
- Tulu : Kothemberi
- Kashmiri : Deaniwal / Kothambalari