SCIENTIFIC NAME :
MEDICINAL VALUE :
Used to remedy colic, a certain stomach disorder or cramp. Ripe papaya fruit is laxative.
NUTRIENT VALUE :
Papaya is an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C. It is a very good source of folate and potassium. In addition, it is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
CULINARY AND OTHER VALUES :
Used in curries, salads, payasam, etc. they are also used as a face pack. Papaya extracts are used in several cosmetics.
- English : Pappaya
- Tamil : Pappali Kai
- Malayalam : Kappanga / Omakaya
- Telugu : Boppayi Pandu
- Kannada : Parangi / Papaya / Papali
- Hindi : Papita / Pyaz / Shimla Aloo
- Bengali : Pepe / Kancha / Paypay
- Gujarati : Papayi
- Konkani : Pappaiphel / Papayi / Popai
- Marathi : Popai
- Oriya : Amrut Bhanda
- Punjabi : Pepita
- Tulu : Bappangai