Cut the brinjal into small pieces and then wash it.
2. Add salt, turmeric powder and sugar. Mix well and keep it for 10 minutes.
3. Pour oil into a frying pan. Once heated, add shredded garlic and green chilli in low flame.
4. When garlic smell comes, add the brinjal, stir it well and mix in high to medium flame for 3 minutes.
5. Add water and stir well.
6. Cover the pan with a steel plate and boil it in medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes. It will be a medium thick preparation.
7. Serve hot with rice or Chappati.
Care: While boiling, care should be taken so as to avoid brinjal getting pasted.