1) Fry vermicelli in 2 tsp of oil [or clarified butter] and cook in ½ to 1 cup of water.
2) Mix all the ingredients with it thoroughly except oil.
3) Take only as much of the mixture as is necessary to make one Adai at a time.
4) Add just enough water to it, mix well and roll it into a ball, about the size of a tennis ball.
5) Heat a flat iron griddle on a medium fire and smear a little oil on it.
6) Place the ball of dough at the centre of the griddle and spread it quickly with the hand into an even pancake, dipping the hand in cold water often.
7) Pour two or three teaspoonfuls of oil along the edge of the Adai and a tsp or two all over it. Turn it over after a minute or two. Add 2 tsp oil along the edge and fry for a while till it is golden brown in colour on both sides.
8) Remove from the griddle and serve hot along with some chutney, pickle, clarified butter, or butter.